Good morning bookworms! Today is the first day of the 25 In Five challenge! If you haven’t checked it out already, basically, you have to read for a total of 25 hours spread out however you want over the course of five days. The challenge started this morning at 12:00AM, and it ends Monday, 11:59PM.
I’m really, really, really, really, really, really excited.
I’ve picked out a stack from my February TBR that I hope to speed through over the next five days. If I get through all of them, I’ll only have one official book from my TBR left for the month, which means so much extra time to read whatever I want!
My marathon picks include:
- Red Clocks: I started this hyped-as-hell book two-ish week’s ago, and it didn’t draw me in immediately, but I’m so excited to give it a serious go!
- We Were Strangers Once: This was a Christmas gift from my mom, and I trust her taste. Also, the title is derived from a Barack Obama’s quote, so I have a good feeling about this one.
- Girl in a Band: This is Kim Gordon’s (from the band Sonic Youth) autobiography, and I have been wanting to read it for actual years. Hot off the heels of finishing Carrie Brownstein’s Hunger Makes Me A Modern Girl, I am stoked to keep my musical geek-out going.
- The Woman In Cabin 10: I’ve been excited to read Ruth Ware’s magnum opus since I read In A Dark, Dark Wood. I’m hoping that this will be a fast and thrilling read.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: It’s HP reread time! I haven’t returned to the series in at least a decade/since the Deathly Hallows was published. I’ve been looking forward to this reread for months now, and I’m so happy to include it here!
And that’s the list! Let me know if you’re participating in the comments below. Check out the following accounts if you want more details, and shoutouts to these lovely ladies for organizing such a cool event!