Happy springtime, at long last! As I write this, it’s a beautiful, warm, sunny evening, and we are getting such summer vibes in the Midwest today. I’m really looking forward to the next few months! In the next few weeks, I’ll be going to Seattle with my boyfriend (it’s his first flight EVER), applying to grad school, and finally committing to writing some stories that might one day grow into a novel. Wish me all the motivational vibes you can; it’s much appreciated.
This month, I’ve taken a ton of my recent acquisitions and thrown them into a pile. I’d like to call this little pile my May TBR. It’s ambitious, I know. But when reading is your coping mechanism, these things happen.
Over the past few weeks, I’ve added a good amount of books to my collection, but I’ve also started a commitment to the Unread Shelf Project. At this moment, I have about 123 unread books on my shelf, and I’m hopeful that this number will dwindle soon.
My TBR is made up of a few selections that Dzanc Books kindly sent me, three books from my Capsule Book Box, three rereads, one Book of the Month selection, and a scattering of miscellaneous books I’ve had lying around. You can check out the whole list below!
What are you reading goals this month? Do you have a TBR, and what’s on it?
- Bonfire – Krysten Ritter
- An American Marriage – Tayari Jones
- The Hobbit – J.R.R. Tolkien
- Rumble – Ellen Hopkins
- Son of a Witch – Gregory Maguire
- Atonement – Ian McEwan
- A Conjuring of Light – V.E. Schwab
- The Last Equation of Isaac Severy – Nova Jacobs (Book of the Month)
- Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix – J.K. Rowling
- Tempted – P.C. & Kristin Cast
- Cat’s Cradle – Kurt Vonnegut
- Laughable Loves – Milan Kundera (Capsule Books)
- The Forty Rules of Love – Elif Shafak (Capsule Books)
- I Am Executioner: Love Stories – Rajesh Parameswaran (Capsule Books)
- Clothed, Female Figure – Kirstin Allio (Dzanc Books)
- The Sorrow Proper – Lindsey Drager (Dzanc Books)
- The Lost Daughter Collective – Lindsey Drager (Dzanc Books)
- How to Set Yourself on Fire – Julia Dixon Evans (Dzanc Books)