Another day, another month, another ambitious TBR! August is the last full month of summer; can you believe it? I still have some summertime bucket list goals to cross off! I have yet to go to a waterpark, go to the beach, or even get a sunburn! What am I even doing with my life?
August will bring a few things around for me: I have a longer work trip next week to NYC for four days (which is a really huge investment of time and energy for a homebody like me). We’re going to make to move into our house soon. And hopefully, I’ll find out and start preparing if I get into grad school!
AND ALSO THERE IS A 25 IN FIVE READATHON. Apologies for the capitals, but I am hyped. If you’re not familiar, the 25 in Five is a readathon in which you’re challenged to read 25 hours over the course of five days. The fun is in trying, so even if you don’t make it to 25 hours (hello, me, I never do 🙋🏻♀️), its a really cool experience along the way! It’s a fantastic way to knock some serious page counts out of the way, and I plan to finish a few of these books during the event. The readathon starts on Thursday, August 9th, and you can check out all the details here.
What’s on your agenda for the month?
I also have some amazing books lined up! As always, I’m planning to take a huge swing at my shelf of 100+ unread books. I’ve got a lot of fiction, a few classics, a smidge of fantasy, and even a philosophic pick! Check out my TBR below, and let me know what you’re reading this month in the comments underneath!
- Unbury Carol – Josh Malerman
- How to Set Yourself on Fire – Julia Dixon Evans
- Catch 22 – Joseph Heller
- Out of Oz (The Wicked Years #4) – Gregory Maguire
- Rant – Chuck Palahniuk
- If You See Me, Don’t Say Hi – Neel Patel
- Blood of Elves (The Witcher #3) – Andrzej Sapkowski
- Tender Is the Night – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The City of Brass – S.A. Chakraborty
- Commonwealth – Ann Patchett
- The October Country – Ray Bradbury
- The Casual Vacancy – J.K. Rowling
- Caraval – Stephanie Garber
- Practical Magic – Alice Hoffman
- Lady Chatterly’s Lover – D.H. Lawrence
- Beyond Good & Evil – Friedrich Nietzsche
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings – Maya Angelou
- Current Unread Books: 112
- Expected Unread Books Next Month: 95